We are looking for a Flow Cytometry Section Manager at Kaiser Regional Lab in Berkeley, CA. Please see the following information below and clinck the link to submit your application. Thank you.
Directs and manages the day-to-day operations of their specific area of responsibility which includes all personnel activities, technical oversight, general workflow and budget. Ensures compliance with federal state and local requirements.
- Directs and manages the day-to-day operations for a major clinical laboratory department or multiple sections.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and ensures competency of staff. Motivates and encourages professional growth.
- Controls costs by monitoring personnel utilization, material usage rates, analyzing fluctuations in types and volumes of tests, and implementing corrective action.
- Implements departmental Total Quality Management.
- Participates in the design and evolution of Regional Laboratory and Northern California Region integrated laboratory quality system.
- Ensures compliance/ regulatory and accreditation agencies' rules and regulations.
- Implements effective risk control process.
- Researches/resolves client problems/issues.
- Oversees and coordinates startup, implementation and maintenance activities resulting from new services or transfer of services.
- Participates in department, inter-department, inter-facility and inter-regional projects which help the Regional Laboratory achieve its goal of providing quality service and client support in a cost effective manner.
- Develops transition plan and timelines for new services/tests, outreach programs or transfer of work, and monitors milestones to achieve service expectations.
- Coordinates internal resources to support new services.
- Serves as primary liaison to RILIS/ITS for ongoing and new issues.
- Develops needs analysis as appropriate.
- Coordinates the integration of secondary laboratory information systems with RILIS.
- Serves as Department Manager in his/her absence.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a high-volume clinical laboratory required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a supervisory/managerial position required.
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist or limited specialty license required.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local, and accreditation agency regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
Primary Location: California,Berkeley,Berkeley Regional Lab - 1750 1750 SecondScheduled Weekly Hours: 40Shift: DayWorkdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, FriWorking Hours Start: 10:00 AMWorking Hours End: 6:30 PMJob Schedule: Full-timeJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, ExemptJob Level: Team Leader/SupervisorJob Category: LaboratoryDepartment: Flow CytometryTravel: Yes, 5 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
To Apply, please go to the link: