Medical Technologist, Flow Cytometry, 9-530p
Medical Technologist, Flow Cytometry, 11-730p
We are expanding our Flow Cytometry team! Exciting opportunity in major academic hospital!
Emory University Hospital, Atlanta GA
The Flow Cytometry Technologist is responsible for efficient and accurate performance of multiparameter flow cytometry testing in a busy and exciting university hospital setting. The Flow Cytometry Technologist performs high complexity testing including Lymphocyte Enumeration, Immunophenotyping of Leukemia and Lymphoma diagnosis, support services for Bone marrow transplant patients. Responsible for all of the technical components in the laboratory including processing, acquisition and analysis of blood, bone marrow, tissue, fine needle aspirates and body fluids. Prepares and processes bone Marrow packages and slides. Interacts with pathologists along with other flow cytometry team members to assist in efficient and consistent operations within the flow cytometry laboratory. Assist in evaluating new instruments, procedures, and perform quality control and preventive maintenance on instrumentation and equipment in the laboratory
• Perform 10 color multiparameter flow cytometry immunophenotyping for leukemias and lymphomas including data analysis and interpretation. Diva software and Kaluza software utilized for data analysis.
• Perform CD34 counts by Flow cytometry for BM transplants
• Perform TBNK procedures for lymphocyte subsets using Beckman Coulter AQUIOS CL.
• Processes specimens for Flow Cytometry including bone marrow aspirates, peripheral blood, tissues, FNA’s and body fluids.
• Prepares, stains and performs differential counts on bone marrow aspirate smears
• Performs accurate accessioning of patient specimens.
• Adheres to the laboratory’s quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
• Prepares reagents for use in the Flow laboratory
• Ensures proper cleaning, maintenance and calibration of laboratory instruments
• Performs and documents Quality control on reagents, and equipment. Recognizes and acts on QC failures appropriately.
• Skills include organization, attention to details, excellent communication skills are required
• Ability to work well in a team and respond quickly to emergent and non-emergent requests.
• Bachelor of Science (BS) in Medical Laboratory Science/ Medical Technology or related and/or Must meet CLIA regulations to perform high complexity testing.
• Certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
• Strong hematology knowledge is essential, previous flow cytometry experience is preferred but not mandatory.
Emory Job Posting Links: Click the link to apply!