REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Flow Cytometry
LOCATION: near No. Bethesda, Maryland
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES:Support the pre-clinical and clinical teams with exceptional immunology research skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the analytical assay development, qualifications and validations of Flow Cytometry assay development. Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
· Perform multi-parameter flow cytometry including panel design (>12 colors), instrument set-up, sample acquisition and data analysis
· Perform multiplex cytokine assay such as Luminex and MSD and ELISA
· Responsible for the quality and efficiency of studies performed in a regulated environment.
· Project management: lead analysis of flow cytometry data using Flowjo, FACS Suite and Diva software and reporting of results
· Responsible for training internal staff or external collaborators on scientific processes
· Responsible for scheduling and planning to effectively manage workload
· Ensuring compliance with established standard operating procedures (SOP)
Qualifications and Skills
· MS / Ph.D. in immunology, cellular and/or tumor biology or a closely related field (3-10 year of experience)
· GLP/GCLP and CAP/CLIA experience required
· Extensive experience with validation of analytical methods per ICH Q2 guidelines
· Must have experience in flow cytometry, immune cell phenotyping of immune cell subsets
· Must have experience designing and developing flow cytometry panels for clinical trials
· Extensive experience with analytical flow assay development, qualification and validation for clinical trials (at least 4 years of experience)
· Proficiency in the analysis and understanding of immune cells and molecules.
· Preparation and handling of primary specimens, including peripheral blood, ascites, other liquid biospecimens.
· Primary immune cell culture (experience with T cells, NK cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages)
· Sample preparation (murine or human tissues/cells) for immunostaining and acquisition by flow cytometry
· Troubleshoot, optimize, and develop methods for unmet experimental needs
· Maintain laboratory records and notebook, organize and compile data, and write weekly reports on results
· Present data, compose manuscripts & prepare posters/presentations at national/international meetings or symposia in support of business objectives
· Experience in data interpretation and statistical analysis.
· Train internal staff or external collaborators on scientific processes. (management /supervision skills)
· Coordinate parallel tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization.
· Ability to interact directly with customers (CRO experience preferred)
Physical demands and work environment
· Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel.
· Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
· Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
· In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
· Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.